Please email a resume and thoughtfully crafted cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for any of our openings. Please be sure to clearly indicate what position you are applying for.
MAC now seeks an experienced and qualified Instructional Facilitator to support and augment our academic enrichment afterschool programming.
To help Afterschool Program teachers improve youth participant educational attainment.
- Valid Teacher Certification
- At least five (5) years successful teaching experience
- Strong grasp of educational/academic content and how it is learned
- Deep knowledge of Georgia state, regional, and national content standards
- Strong technological competence
- Proficient in effective instructional strategies, such as cooperative learning, performance-based learning, and reading/writing strategies
- Work with teachers to incorporate new instructional strategies.
- Observe and collaborate with teachers on a weekly basis.
- Model classroom demonstration lessons with and for teachers.
- Help identify appropriate assessments for all youth program participants.
- Work with teachers to help students apply core content concepts relevant to their educational or vocational interests.
- Help identify youth participants for selection for appropriate programs or opportunities.
- Monitor effectiveness of various educational enrichment initiatives.
- Monitor, record, and report educational staff’s comprehension and demonstration of exemplary practices to program administrators.
- Participate in educational enrichment-related collaborative meetings.
- Assist teachers in data analysis to inform and improve instruction.
- Organize and facilitate relevant professional learning opportunities to afterschool program staff.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
MAC is currently seeking qualified and passionate educators to join our afterschool program teaching staff.
Valid Georgia Professional Teaching Certification
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows professional practices consistent with organizational and programmatic policies in working with youth program participants, parents, and colleagues.
- Interacts in a professional manner with youth participants and parents.
- Is available to youth participants and parents for conferences when necessary and appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of youth participants’ records.
- Works cooperatively with program and organizational administrators, support staff, colleagues, and parents.
- Complies with organizational, Bibb County School District, and Georgia state administrative regulations and Board of Education policies.
- Conducts daily educational enrichment sessions as scheduled.
- Enforces regulations concerning youth participants’ conduct and discipline.
- Demonstrates reliability and punctuality.
- Provides adequate information, plans and materials for substitute educators when absent.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and appropriate records, and files all necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and other assigned meetings and activities in accordance with organizational policy.
- Complies with all other conditions outlined in employment agreement.
- Demonstrates professional practices in teaching
- Models proper usage of oral and written language.
- Demonstrates accurate and current knowledge of educational content and standards.
- Consistently implements designated curriculum.
- Maintains lesson plans as required by program.
- Assigns reasonable assignments to youth participants while in attendance.
- Acts in a professional manner and assumes responsibility for the overall afterschool program and its participants, their safety, and their success.
- Takes precautions to protect records, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising all youth in attendance at the learning center.
TEACHING-SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches at an appropriate instructional level
- Provides content development
- Provides teacher-focused content development
- Provides student-focused content development
- Builds for transfer
- Provides initial focus
- Provides content emphasis and linking
- Provides lesson summaries
Assesses and Encourages Student Progress
- Promotes student engagement
- Monitors student progress
- Responds to student performance
- Responds to adequate performance
- Responds to inadequate performance
- Supports students
Managing the Learning Environment
- Uses time efficiently
- Handles non-instructional tasks efficiently
- Uses instructional time appropriately
- Maintains physical setting for instruction
- Maintains appropriate student behavior in the classroom
- Monitors behavior
- Intervenes when necessary